The goal is to get the protection you need before you need it, while minimizing vaccine side effects and health challenges.
Since 2008, Dr. Paul and the team at Integrative Pediatrics LLC have offered patients the plan outlined below. Patients have experienced superior health, and a significantly lower rate of autism (0/1176 patients new autism or ASD – who vaccinated according to the plan listed below - data being published). Note, that vaccinating this way is not a guarantee that your child will not become autistic as there are many variables (genetics, other environmental toxins, vitamin D status, breast feeding status etc.)
2 months: Hib, DTaP
3 months: Prevnar
4months: Hib, DTaP
5 months: Prevnar
6 months: Hib, DTaP
7 – 9 months: Prevnar,
1 year: Hib, Prevnar
18 months: DTaP,
3 years: Consider MMR (always give MMR by itself)
4 - 6 years: DTaP, (consider Varicella)
10 years: Tdap (boost every 5 – 10 years)
11 years: Menveo or Menacra (meningococcal), Varicella
12-14 years: Hepatitis B (3 dose series)
16 – 18 Years: Menveo or Menacra & consider meningococcal B
- If you are travelling to a part of the world where measles is prevalent, giving the MMR after age 1 should be considered.
- The Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine can be given after age 1 if you don’t want your child to get natural chickenpox.
- Consider the IPV (at least two doses 2 months apart) before travel to high- risk countries.
- Use safest brands – Daptacel for DTaP, Acthib for the Hib.
- Only give one aluminum containing vaccine at a time (Aluminum containing vaccines: DTaP, Hep B, Hep A, Prevnar, PedVax, some Hib brands, HPV, Pentacel, Pediarix, Bexero, Trumenba)
- No HPV vaccines – side effects too frequent and severe to justify risk.
- No Rotavirus vaccine unless you will live where there is no health care.
- Flu shots annually age 6 months on for asthma and chronic disease patients.
- If birth mom has Hepatitis B, baby should get the Hepatitis B vaccine at birth, 1-2 months and at 6 months along with Hepatitis B immune globulin.
Abbreviations, Brand Choices and Ingredients
I prefer the Daptacel as the Tripedia brand has some mercury in addition to the aluminum, and the Infarix brand has the most aluminum of all – 625 micrograms. They all contain 100 micrograms of formaldehyde which helps trigger an immune response but can trigger auto-immune issues where your body attacks itself.
They do not cover type B – enter the new kids on the block: Trumenba and Bexero, which have 500 micrograms and 1500 micrograms of aluminum. To me that dose of aluminum is just too great for comfort.