Dr. Paul explains that inflammation in the body is both good and bad.
- Highly processed
- High in sugar
- Has a high glycemic index
- High in saturated fats
- Contains partially-hydrogenated vegetable oils
- Exercise regularly
- Get adequate sleep
- Incorporate relaxation techniques into our lives
- Eat a wholesome diet filled with organic fruits and vegetables
- Eat a diet low in omega-6 fatty acids (found in vegetable oils, processed snacks, etc.)
- Eat a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) through eating oily fish or taking high-quality fish oil supplements
The best way to incorporate omega-3 fatty acids is to eat 12 ounces of oily fish and or shellfish a week, but many of us find that difficult to do. This is where taking a high-quality fish oil supplement, like OmegaGenics SPM Active, with pro-resolving mediators of omega-3 fatty acids of DHA and EPA, can step in to provide the beneficial omega-3 needed to harness the body’s natural mechanism to resolve inflammation.